We're here to help
Impacted financially? We're here for you.
We know that these events are going to create some significant hardships for some of our customers and businesses and we want to help as much as possible.
If you feel that you may miss a loan payment, reach out to us sooner rather than later - we have options for you. We can work with you on fees charged on your deposit or loan accounts. If you need to cash in a CD early, we’ll waive the early withdrawal penalty.
For your business
If you are a business customer we are ready to assist you as well and hope you will reach out to us so we can help. Along with our standard options for assisting small businesses, there are new programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loan, and Small Business Emergency Loan Program designed in response to COVID-19. We are available to help you determine if one of these programs is right for you.
Stay in touch with your money.
Additional online access
- Manage your credit card
- Apply for a loan
- Apply for a mortgage
- Insurance support
- Log into Investor360
New Accounts & Loans
- Branch lobbies are closed to walk-in traffic until further notice while drive-through lanes remain open regular business hours. (Our Downtown Rochester, IBM Rochester, and St. Paul offices are closed as they do not have drive-through lanes.)
- Safe deposit box access is available by appointment.
Customer Support Center
- Our customer support center remains available by phone at 1-800-288-3425 to assist you with opening or maintaining your accounts and all other services.
- You can also contact us via secure conversation through Think Online during business hours.
- For assistance with insurance, call 1-800-443-6316.
- For assistance with financial planning, call 1-800-288-3425 x8429.
Be aware of potential scams
Scammers are already taking advantage of COVID-19. Watch for scams claiming that you've been exposed to the virus and then ask you to click on links, fraudulent emails about government stimulus checks, emails that request confidential information, offers for cures or fake products and services, or even fake charities. Learn more about avoiding scams.
We also know that our non-profit organizations are challenged by the impacts of the virus. We continue to visit with the many agencies we support and are finding additional ways to assist them. For example, we recently partnered with a number of area organizations who donated to "TOGETHER," a fund that will award grants to local nonprofits that are experiencing unforeseen challenges due to the ongoing pandemic.
As we continue to monitor the evolving circumstances, check back for the latest developments on how we're taking measures to protect the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. Thank you for your patience and understanding.