A message from our CEO on the coronavirus pandemic
During this time of considerable uncertainty and difficulty I’m finding some much-needed inspiration from the amazing work being done by so many in our communities. The heroic displays exhibited by our health care professionals, teachers, non-profit workers and the many volunteers who support them is nothing short of extraordinary. I also know that many of you are contributing in a variety of ways by supporting your friends, neighbors, and co-workers in the efforts to defeat the coronavirus.
I’m also inspired by the work the entire Think team is doing to support our customers. Even during a time when we’re working remotely and apart from each other, our collaboration efforts are entirely focused on taking care of customers. With this in mind I want to assure you that we are committed to supporting your financial needs. This includes:
- Offering you and your family support through financial hardships. We know that the coronavirus may be creating some significant hardships for you and your family, and we want to help as much as possible. Please call us at 1-800-288-3425 if you feel that you may miss a loan payment, would like to request a fee waiver, or need to cash in a CD early. We’re ready to discuss other financial challenges you may be facing as well, and we’ll try to find ways to assist you.
- Providing assistance to small business customers. We know it’s far from “business as usual” in today’s environment, and we’re here to help. Our business advisors can tell you about resources, tools, and loans – including forgivable loans offered through the federal Paycheck Protection Program – available to your small business. During a period of economic uncertainty, the Paycheck Protection Program could help your business retain workers, maintain payroll, cover rent, mortgage, or utility expenses, and more.
- Protecting you from scams. It’s a painful reality that some fraudsters are already taking advantage of this pandemic. Please watch for fake emails claiming that you've been exposed to the coronavirus and asking you to click on links, fraudulent emails about government stimulus checks, offers for cures or fake products and services, and even solicitations from fake charities.
- Keeping you and the people of Think safe & secure. It bears repeating: your well-being is our primary focus. We’ve eliminated walk-in traffic to our branches, facilitated remote work for many of employees, and implemented social distancing and cleanliness measures that far exceed guidelines outlined by the CDC for those employees who are still onsite.
- Facilitating simple “no touch” banking. A quick reminder: you can easily manage your money and get easy access to your accounts without visiting a branch through Think Online or mobile deposit, or by initiating a secure online conversation with one of our team members. Find out about all the ways you can connect with us. Of course, we’re always only a phone call away, too! Call 1-800-288-3425 to talk to one of our customer support representatives.
We also know that our non-profit organizations are challenged by the impacts of the virus. We continue to visit with the many agencies we support and are finding additional ways to assist them. For example, we recently partnered with a number of area organizations who donated to “TOGETHER,” a fund that will award grants to local nonprofits that are experiencing unforeseen challenges due to the ongoing pandemic.
Thank you, as always, for your trust in us. I’m confident that together we can overcome the challenges we now face.