iHelp® Student Loans
Think offers higher education loans through iHelp®. These student loans are available to help pay education expenses after federal student loans, scholarships and grants have been awarded.
Features & Benefits:
- No loan origination, application, or prepayment fees.
- No payments are required while the student is in school.
- Loans are available for the total of education expenses as certified by the school, less other aid awarded.
- An interest rate discount may be available if payments are made with automatic debit.
- Interest that accrues while the student is in school will be added to the loan only once, when the loan enters repayment.
- Cosigners generally help a student qualify for a loan and possibly a lower interest rate. Most students apply with a credit worthy cosigner.
- Upon request and after 24 months of on time payments, the cosigner may be released from the loan. Additional criteria may apply.
- The student must be enrolled at least half time at an eligible institution.*
- The student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Cosigners are not required, but generally help a student quality for a loan and possibly a lower interest rate.**
To qualify without a cosigner, a student will need a minimum of:
- Verifiable income of $2,000 per month for the past 2 years.
- Ability to pass a credit review and have no prior student loan defaults.
How to apply:
To apply for a private student loan via iHelp® click here.
For additional information about loans available via the iHelp® program or information about planning for higher education costs, call us at 1-800-288-3425.
* To be an eligible institution, a school must be an accredited, public or private non-profit, two, four or five year degree granting institution with a U.S. Department of Education Cohort Default Rate of less than 10%.
** The cosigner will be required to repay the loan if for any reason the student is unable to do so.