Mobile Wallets are a way to carry your credit card or debit card information in a digital form on your mobile device. Instead of using your physical plastic card to make purchases, you can pay with your smart device.
Why should I use Mobile Wallets and what are the benefits?
- It's convenient! Mobile Wallets allow you to make in store purchases by holding up your device to pay. Also, Mobile Wallets allow you to make quick online purchases without entering your card information.
- It's safe! There is no need to carry physical card or enter PIN at the point of sale. When making a purchase over the phone or when handing your card to a merchant, you are exposing your card information. Our Mobile Wallet options do not store your actual card number; instead they assign an encrypted code so that your card can be securely stored, which means your card number is not seen by the terminal reader or the merchant.
- It's FREE!
To use Mobile Wallets, follow these steps:
- Download the Mobile Wallet app (or it may be already built into your mobile device).
- Add your credit or debit card information into the Mobile Wallet app.
- There may be additional steps needed to complete the enrollment process, depending on the Mobile Wallet platform that you select. For example, you may receive an additional text or email requesting verification.
When you check out at participating merchants, access the Mobile Wallet and select your card. If you are making an in-store purchase, just hold your mobile device to the terminal.