Make Bank To Bank Transfers
Use the Bank to Bank Transfers feature to move money between your Think accounts and personal accounts at other financial institutions.*
Step 1: Enrollment
Call us at 1-800-288-3425 or visit a branch to enroll in Bank to Bank Transfers. Once you're enrolled, select "Bank to Bank Transfers" under the Online Banking tab to access the feature.
Step 2: Add external accounts
Select "Add Account" from the Bank to Bank Transfers menu and create a name for your account. Then enter your external bank's account name, routing number, account number, and type of account to establish a connection.
Step 3: External account verification
After you've setup an external account, we will make two small deposits into that account to verify a connection has been made. These deposits may take one to three days to appear in your other bank account. To verify the account, Online Banking will prompt you to confirm the amounts of both deposits before you can start making transfers. You will need to log into the account at your other bank to retrieve the deposit amounts.
Step 4: Making a transfer
After your account has been verified, select "New Transfers" from the Bank to Bank Transfers menu. Then select the account you'd like to transfer from, your external bank account, the amount, and frequency before submitting your transfer. Transfered funds are typically available the following business day, but this may vary depending on the bank you are transfering to.
* Bank to bank transfers are not available for cash management users.
Online Banking How Tos:
- Online Banking Overview
- Online Banking Demo
- Bill Pay Demo
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Deposit
- Send Secure Messages
- Make One-Time Or Recurring Transfers
- Make Bank To Bank Transfers
- Hide, Remove, Reorder, and Rename Accounts
- Customize Your "Dashboard"
- Create Customized Account Alerts
- Joint Account Ownership
- Connect With Quicken
- VISA System Features
- Report A Lost Or Stolen Debit Card
- Stop Payments
- Provide Travel Notice
- Make Principal Only Payments
- Enroll For e-Statements
- Log In For The First Time
- Change Your Login Credentials
- Password Reset Question
- What If I Forget My Password?
- Update Your Address
- Special Character User IDs & Passwords
- Common Online Banking Questions